Wieliczka Salt Mine Regular Tour
Wieliczka Salt Mine tour
Tours in English: daily
•Explore one of the world's oldest salt mines listed on the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage List
•Descend deep underground to explore a vast labyrinth of tunnels and chambers
•Hear the fascinating history of the mine from a knowledgeable guide
•Admire intricate statues, chandeliers, and other art carved directly in the salt rock
•Headsets provided to clearly hear the guide's commentary
During your reservation process, please make sure to put the correct name and surname of every participants. The name and surname on the reservation must be identical as in ID document.
While booking the tour you will have a chance to choose your pickup point. The list of hotels is limited so if you cannot find your accommodation, please pick main tour departure point: the bus park at 7 Powisle Street, across from the Sheraton Grand Hotel Krakow. Check-in at this location is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
You are required to contact Cracow Tours no earlier than 3 days and no later than 24h before the date of the tour to confirm the pickup time and pickup point on +48 12 430 07 26, +48 602 49 70 64 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer to Wieliczka by an air-conditoned vehicle (approx. 30 minutes)
Check-in at the location is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
Our guide will pick you up. Tickets are per name, do not forget to take your identity document or passport to confirm your identity.
Visit to Wieliczka Salt Mine (approx. 2 ½h) in the chosen language.
Official Wieliczka Salt Mine guide will show around you the Mine in the chosen language. Entrance fees are already paid so you don't have to worry about anything.
Return to Krakow from Wieliczka (approx. 30 minutes)
You can be dropped off near the place of the pickup or the starting point.
THE PRICE INCLUDES
Tour guide assistance, guided tour, entrance ticket, leaving the mine in a lift after the tour, headset to hear the guide clearly, transportation.
You are required to contact Cracow Tours no earlier than 3 days and no later than 24h before the date of the tour to confirm the time of departure on +48 12 430 07 26, +48 602 49 70 64 or email: email@example.com.
Choice of pickup from our main tour departure point: the bus park at 7 Powisle Street, across from the Sheraton Grand Hotel Krakow, or selected hotels all over Krakow.
If you do not require hotel pickup, or your hotel cannot be serviced, you must make your own way to the main tour departure point: the bus park at 7 Powisle Street, across from the Sheraton Grand Hotel Krakow. Check-in at this location is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
Our pickup service is available from selected hotels all over Krakow. Depending on the location of the hotel, the pickup service will be between 30-50 minutes before the tour departure time. Please enquire at your hotel reception desk regarding the pickup time and the possibility of a pickup. Please note: pickups can only be guaranteed if you book 24-hours in advance.
Original departure point.
• All customers are required to contact Cracow Tours no earlier than 3 days and no later than 24h before the date of the tour to confirm the time of departure on +48 12 430 07 26, +48 602 49 70 64 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Wieliczka Salt Mine tour is not recommended for participants with walking disabilities (there are 800 steps on the way, including 380 right at the start) and for participants with claustrophobia.
• The tour does not include the lift that takes you down.
• The guided walk through Wieliczka Salt Mine consists of 20 monumental chambers joined by 1.5 miles (2.5 kilometers) of pathways. Visitors entering the Wieliczka Salt Mine descend a 380-step staircase to Level 1 (64 meters below ground level). This walk is not strenuous and can be undertaken in ordinary footwear, however we ask you consider the walk and 380-step staircase when booking this tour. The return to the surface will be by lift up the Danilowicz Shaft, from Level 3 (135 meters below ground level).
• The temperature in the Wieliczka Salt Mine, though constant is low (14C or 57F). That is why even in summer, warm clothes should be worn.
• The maximum size of backpacks or handbags brought into the main cannot exceed dimensions: 35x20x20 cm.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• Not wheelchair accessible.
Going down the 380 steps into the salt mine you may have the impression of entering a magical underground city, full of mysterious caves, amazing underground lakes, majestic designs and unique salt carvings. The tourist route in the Salt Mine, included on the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1978, is almost 3 km long and consist of winding corridors, 800 steps and a descend to a depth of 135 metres underground. It begins at the Daniłowicz Shaft, where the visitors meet their guide who, while showing them around, will tell them about the history and secrets of the mine, forces of nature that rule the mine, and the ethos of hard work of many generations of miners. Going down deeper and deeper, the visitors will see unusual places, take pleasure in watching the light spectacle on the banks of one of the saline lakes, and learn the famous legend of Princess Kinga, who brought a wealth of salt into the Polish soil. In the middle of the route there is St. Kinga's Chapel, a wonderful chapel dedicated to the patron saint of salt miners, decorated with extraordinary salt artworks.