On a shift to Katowice
On a shift in Katowice
9:00 Mon, Fri
Departure point: your centrally located Kraków hotel
Free hotel pick-up included
• See Nikiszowiec, a settlement built for the miners working at the nearby Giesche mine
• Learn about Giszowiec, a former mining settlement with a magical atmosphere of the "garden city"
• Move back several dozen years into the world of the mining past and tradition
• Learn about the former "Katowice" Coal Mine, which became a unique cultural mine
• Take a walk around the centre of Katowice and feel the atmosphere of this modern city
After about 1.5-hour journey we will reach Nikiszowiec, a settlement built for the miners working at the nearby "Giesche" mine. The rich history and interesting architecture of the early 20th century create a unique atmosphere there, which makes an amazing impression. We will absorb it while walking around the settlement. Then we will go to nearby Giszowiec, a former mining settlement with a magical atmosphere of the "garden city" designed by the Zillmans in 1906-1910. Next we will visit the complex of the former "Katowice" Coal Mine, which was turned into a unique culture mine, and whose collapsed structures were adapted for public purposes. We will end the journey in the centre of Katowice, from where we will return to Kraków.
The price includes: tour with a licensed English-speaking guide, entrance tickets, transportation.